Before judging the quality of water heaters, you must have some knowledge about them. The same holds true if you’re wondering is a tankless water heater is right for you.
There are two types of water heaters named as traditional water heaters and tankless water heaters. Both are entirely different from each other in quality and functions.
There still seems to be some confusion in the general public about which one to invest in. Hopefully, this post will answer your questions.
Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless heaters are ones that easily heat the water without storing it in a tank, unlike traditional water heaters.
It basically starts working when you turn on the tap of the cold water pipe linked with the tankless heater. The pipe of heater turns the cold water into hot water. The said pipe is linked to a gas burner or with an electrical source to provide you with hot water continuously without storing it in a tank.
A traditional water heater work by using a storage tank. It stores almost 30 to 50-liters of water in its tank and slowly starts to heat it. It provides hot water when someone switch on the burner of the heater.
Is a Tankless Water Heater For You?
Let’s try to answer this question for you. After all, buying a tankless water heater can be a huge investment for some.
A tankless water heater is for you if you like the following points:
- Tankless water heater can be used anytime by only turning on the cold water side of a faucet. It will provide you hot water whenever you need without you having to wait for the water to heat up.
Sounds awesome, right?
No need for you to get up and first preheat the water and then wait for the water to be warm enough. With such a tank you can instantly take a warm or hot bath whenever you need to.
- Tankless water heaters aren’t bulky like traditional heaters, making them easy to install. They will also look good. Make sure you get a tankless heater that has an appealing design.
- Tankless water heaters consume less electricity or gas as compared to traditional heaters. This is because traditional heaters need to pre-heat and re-heat water depending on use.
Even with the initial buying and installation costs, you can make up for the expenditure by saving on your energy consumption bills.
- Tankless water heaters can work for up to 20 years. This again makes it a great investment that will last you a long time.
- Tankless water heater models also display the temperature for convenience. This serves as an added bonus because you can tell when the water is warm enough for you to use it.
A tankless water heater isn’t for if you don’t like the following points:
- It may take extra time for the installation process as compared to traditional heaters.
- It is a bit expensive when compared to traditional water heaters. This does lead to many families not being able to afford this device.
- Fixing a tankless water heater can be costly. You’ll require professional help.
- Due to not being able to store hot water, its limit is far less that the amount of hot water a traditional water heater can offer.
- It may stop work if it hasn’t been in use for a long period of time.
- It takes time to heat water if it is installed far away from the tap.
The bottom line here is that it is you who’ll need to decide for yourself if you wish to buy a tankless water heater or not. If you’re someone who wants hot water as soon as you turn on the tap then a tankless water heater is for you. But if you live with a large family then it might not be a good choice.
Also, a tankless water heater can’t provide enough hot water to take care of numerous chores simultaneously. You’ll run out of hot water quickly if it is being used for bathing, washing dishes, and cleaning clothes tighter.
However, they are stylish to look at and offer temperature readings. Furthermore, a tankless water heater is also energy efficient. The installation cost might be too much for some people. But once installed, it can help make up for the cost by helping you save on your bills.
So, the choice is yours to make.